Join the 2014 season of CSA Newark and ensure your home is always stocked with fresh, local, seasonal, affordable and certified organic veggies – inspiring you to eat veggies!
What is a CSA anyways, you ask? You can read about the general concept of Community Supported Agriculture here.
To learn about the specifics of CSA Newark here in Newark NJ, the 2014 season and how to be a part of it all, here is the scoop:
– all veggies are organic and grown by John Krueger in Andover, NJ. You can read more about John and his farm here.
– shares will be delivered from the farm to the pick-up location in the Ironbound every Wednesday, starting mid June (probably June 18th this year) and lasting 24 weeks until the end of November. The pick-up location is at: 85 Hamilton Street, Newark, NJ 07105 (between Hamilton Street and New Jersey Railroad Avenue).
– members come to pick up their share every Wednesday between 4pm and 7pm. If you run late, send a txt by 6pm that day to the organizers, and we will hold your share for later pick-up. Unclaimed shares will be donated to the kitchen of the Goodwill homeless shelter on University Avenue in downtown Newark.
– shares are varied (no, it’s not just lettuce every week) – to get a better idea of what shares look like (in size and variety) check out some photos of past shares here. Generally speaking: full shares are great for families or for vegetarian couples, half shares are great for singles or couples who do not eat so much veggies.
– the full share is $625 for the season ($600 if paid by 03/01). $625 for 24 weeks, so that is $26 per share – a steal for the quality and quantity provided!)
– half shares are possible and run $313 for the 24 weeks of the 2014 season (so $13 per week). For further details on half-shares see our blog post here.
– support the CSA pick-up location: to make the pick-up spot possible, we ask for some volunteering time (one 3.5 hour shift) and for $20 site fee for the season. Please see the CSA Newark_Member Form 2014 for details.
– details on the optional fruit share will be announced later in the season.
– to become a member, download the CSA Newark Member Form 2014 and follow the instructions.
If you still have questions after reading this post and the membership form, write to: info at CSANewark dot com and we will get back to you.
image source: “I want you…” image at top found at: http://www.sonofthesouth.net/uncle-sam/eat-vegetables.htm